Friday, January 25, 2008

Life with Bella the Boxer...


Oh my,where can I start with Bella...We got her as an 8 week old pup a year ago,she was one of 8 puppies, her mom is Bella and her dad, Benny.
My daughter picked her out of the entire litter...because she thought she was the quietest, most shy...ha ha ha.Not so I'm afraid...
But then, boxers are known for their boisterous nature and also for their loyal and loving personalities.
Oh how we love Bella, but the past year has not been easy.We have had a lot of difficult behaviors to deal with and a very energetic dog who requires a lot of exercise....So every morning after dropping the kids at school, Bella and I take to the woods (or some other long walk) and this really gets me out and about,helps with a healthy mind, thats for sure.
I would recommend a boxer as a family dog, however, be careful if you have small children as their loving nature can sometimes be over-bearing, and they can get really excited and enthusiastic and knock things (and little people) over! Please let me know if any of you out there have a Boxer or a boisterous dog and how you handle day to day living with your pooch.

No comments: