Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jamie Oliver's new Book

Hello again from a very very wet Ireland...The rain
has not stopped ...When I talk to my mom in Cape Town, South Africa, she complains about the heat...so it looks like we all have our gripes with the weather no matter where we live!

My friend Lisa bought me this present in December - Jamie At Home,and I have to say that it is such a beautiful book! And I am ashamed to say that I have not had a minute to sit down and really look through it properly, but I am going to to do that today. Some of the recipes look amazing...and the book has such a beautiful, aesthetic quality about it.
Some recipes which I would like to try soon are the Roasted White Fish and Leeks, Crispy chicken thighs with squashed new potatoes and tomatoes,Quick sausage meatballs with a tomato and basil sauce,spaghetti and sweet raw peas...............aaahh the list is endless................when I get round to cooking some of these dishes, I will let you know the outcome.
In the meantime, I am going back to turning the pages and dreaming about all this wonderful food...and also planning how to start growing some of my own veggies!I'm inspired!

No comments: