Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pin-up girls and Facebook...

"We can choose to throw stones, to stumble on them, to climb over them or to build with them" - Wilham Arthur Ward
What an amazing quote, I think...Life is all about what we CHOOSE to do with it, how we decide it will turn out for ourselves...true - there are unforseen circumstances and tragedy, such as I have experienced in my own life, but we can choose to learn and grow, or to succumb to the pressure..

Do any of you belong to Facebook?I was a bit skeptical when a friend of mine first invited me to join, but I have been in touch with quite a few friends from my primary school days, and it really has brought back memories, most of which are fond or at the very least, nostalgic.
I probably wouldn't meet up with any of them, but its interesting to know what people from your past have been up to and that they are alive and doing well.Its comforting somehow.

As for the picture today, I love the pin-up girls of the 50's, the classy, feminine ones.I think women of those times were so beautiful and feminine.They had a look of their own.

As you may have noticed, I changed my header again.My hubby has been helping me to put together the header that I am comfortable with, and I think I am almost there!The photos are of my beloved Grandmother (Ouma) who is in South Africa and my Grandfather (Oupa), whom I never got to meet. X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello thanks for visiting Willow House. Love your banner and your quotes they really are inspiring. Hope you have fun at the sea, hopefully the sun will shine for you.
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com