Friday, February 29, 2008

The Blues...

"Depression loses its power when fresh vision pierces the darkness" - Peter Sinclair

Another sleepless night for me...
Life is so precious and when I think back over how much of it I have spent feeling depressed...well, that gets me down even further!(does that make sense?!)
But how truthful this quote is - there is so much fresh vision out there, you just have to be prepared to see it, or WANT to see it.

One of the things that gets me down, is missing home and family - and worrying about family...almost waiting for the call at times that something has gone wrong.
My friend,who is South African and like me living in Ireland, called tonight to say that her husband's dad had passed away,suddenly, at the young age of 61, and the tragedy is immense.I feel so much for them...the sad part is that her husband has to make his way from Ireland to South Africa to be there for his mom, and its just so far...so disconnected...I hope they get through this and find the strength they need,my thoughts are with them.

2 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

I am so sorry for your friends, and for you too sweetie. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Claire said...

Hi, hope your feeling a bit better, mothers day hopefully helped you, it's very hard when it happens around you so I can imagine what it must be like for you. It is nice to know that you are there for your friend to keep each other company when you both feel down.